Thursday, December 2, 2010

Error in Silverlight Application Code: 2104 Category: InitializeError Message: Could not download the Silverlight application. Check web server settings

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application Code: 2104 Category: InitializeError Message: Could not download the Silverlight application. Check web server settings
just started silverlight got thsi error.
How to fix this error?

I finally found the solution to this problem.

It seems like the MIME types for .xap and .xaml may need to be added to the individual website, not just the root. When I did this the problem went away.

It still leaves me with a problem on my hosted environment -- I guess I will have to get my web host support guys to add the MIME types to my website।

http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/p/111126/309207.aspx

1 comment:

Rajeev said...

i was using silverlight 4.0 , it was not installed, i created another application with 3.0 worked fine.